Plan your Visit
Seating and Local Attractions
The Alabama Theatre is located in the heart of downtown Birmingham.
We are easily accessible from Interstate 65, Interstate 59/20, Highway 31, and Highway 280.
No weapons of any kind are allowed in the Alabama Theatre. All guests will be scanned with metal detectors and bags will be checked before entry to the building.
What is the Alabama Theatre doing to minimize health risks?
In addition to our standard procedures, the Alabama Theatre has implemented these updates:
- Additional cleaning of all frequently touched countertops, handrails, doorknobs, and armrests.
- Transition of cleaning supplies to a disinfectant version in order to provide a more germ-free environment.
- Installation of hand washing reminder signs throughout the theatre.
How can I best ensure my safety and that of others in the Alabama Theatre?
To further minimize risks for everyone, we ask that you please be mindful of the following:
- Do not attend a performance or event if you are not feeling well and/or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette by coughing and sneezing into your elbow.
- Wash your hands often, for at least twenty seconds, using soap. Use hand sanitizer when you are not able to wash your hands.
Seating at the Alabama
Entire floor level with 3 main sections. Left side seats are evenly numbered consecutively from right to left beginning with seat 2. Center seats are numbered consecutively from right to left beginning with seat 101. Right side seats are oddly numbered from left to right beginning with seat 1.
Row A extends over row G in the Orchestra.
Both in the upper level. Dress Circle is in front of the balcony and is slightly lower. Row A of the Dress Circle extends over Row M in the Orchestra.
The Alabama Theatre is fully ADA accessible on the main floor.
A Phonic Ear System for the hearing impaired is available. Interpreters can be arranged given at least two weeks notice.
Restaurants near the Alabama Theatre
1819 5th Ave N (0.3 mi)
207 20th St. N(0.4 mi.)
John's City Diner
112 Richard Arrington
Blvd (0.4 mi.)
McWane Science Center Cafe
Mon-Sat 10:30am-3:00pm(0.1 mi.)
2211 2nd Ave. N. (0.5 mi.)
2320 2nd Ave N. (0.6 mi.)
2312 2nd Ave N. (0.6 mi.)
Mon-Thurs 11am -11pm
Fri- Sat 11am-2am
Jim 'N Nicks
1908 11th Ave S. (1.45 mi.)
Sun-Thurs 11am– 9:30pm
1200 20th Street S. (1.5 mi.)
1427 14th Ave S. (2 mi.)
Hotels near the Alabama
(Say you are with the Alabama Theatre when booking to receive a special rate!)
2101 5th Avenue N. (0.4 mi.)
Park Place at 21st Street (0.5 mi.)
Residence Inn by Marriott
821 20th St. S. (1.19 mi.)
808 South 20th Street (1.1 mi.)
2101 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd North (0.8 mi.)
2024 4th Avenue South (0.6 mi.)
1023 20th Street South (1.4 mi.)
Courtyard Birmingham Downtown
1820 5th Avenue South (0.8 mi.)
Renaissance Ross Bridge
4000 Grand Ave. (12.2 mi)