Alabama and Lyric Theatres - Full-time Position / Hourly
Birmingham Landmarks, Inc., a 501c3 non-profit, owns and operates the Alabama and Lyric Theatres, two of Birmingham’s most popular entertainment venues. We are looking to hire a seasoned Maintenance Assistant to join our existing top-notch team. If you're a passionate self-starter with facility maintenance experience this may be the right opportunity for you. Wages commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
Ensures that facilities are in good operating condition and clean. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: performing general maintenance and repair of the buildings, grounds, and equipment; setup and takedown for events; monitoring the cleaning crew; and, working with volunteers and outside contractors.
- Inspecting fire and safety equipment monthly, including generator.
- Inspecting roof drains quarterly.
- Checking/replacing light bulbs and batteries weekly.
- Replacing/repairing torn or broken seats as needed.
- Performing minor clean up or supervising cleaning crew after events.
- Changing of Lyric Theatre marquee messages.
- Meeting with outside pest control personnel for monthly service.
- Assisting in performing routine building maintenance duties such as painting, minor electrical repairs, plumbing, carpentry, and heating and ventilation systems maintenance.
- Ensuring buildings are locked and alarms are set after event cleanup.
- Keeping inventory of maintenance and cleaning supplies and equipment and reporting needs to supervisor.
- Responding to emergency calls for maintenance and repairs.
- Working with and maintaining relationships with contracted vendors.
- Assisting others with a variety of additional duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical systems is a plus (including relevant equipment and tools).
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend, kneel, stoop, and move equipment such as a lift, ladder or other equipment necessary for maintenance work.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other manuals and documents.
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions of supervisors and co-workers.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
Resumes and inquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.