As we reach the end of a disappointing, uncertain and unpredictable year at the Alabama Theatre, we couldn’t be more excited to invite you to join us for the 2020 Holiday Film Series beginning December 1. Tickets go on sale Monday, October 26 at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster
2020 Holiday Film Series at the Alabama Theatre
Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m.: Christmas Vacation
Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m.: Elf
Thursday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m.: It’s A Wonderful Life
Friday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m.: White Christmas
Saturday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m.: Christmas Vacation
Sunday, Dec. 6 at 2 p.m.: Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Monday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m.: It’s A Wonderful Life presented with Open Movie Captioning
Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m.: Home Alone
Wednesday, Dec. 9 at 7 p.m.: Christmas Vacation
Thursday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.: Elf
Friday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m.: A Christmas Story
Saturday, Dec. 12 at 7 p.m.: It’s A Wonderful Life
Sunday, Dec. 13 at 2 p.m.: White Christmas
Monday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m.: Christmas Vacation
Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 7 p.m.: Elf
Wednesday, Dec. 16 at 7 p.m.: Christmas Vacation
Thursday, Dec. 17 at 7 p.m.: Home Alone
Friday, Dec. 18 at 7 p.m.: Die Hard
Saturday, Dec. 19 at 7 p.m.: Christmas Vacation
Sunday, Dec. 20 at 2 p.m.: Elf
Monday, Dec. 21 at 7 p.m.: Christmas Vacation
Tuesday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m.: White Christmas
Tickets are $10 each. All tickets are for reserved seating to ensure that parties are able to sit six feet apart. Seats will be sold in pods of 2 and 4. You must purchase the entire pod. Doors open 1 hour before showtime for each movie. The Mighty Wurlitzer Organ will be played at the beginning of the show.
In addition to standard cleaning procedures, the Alabama Theatre has implemented the following policies and procedures to protect guests, staff and volunteers at events during the Covid-19 pandemic:
– All guests have their temperatures checked by security before entering the building and will be provided with a pump of hand sanitizer.
– Masks are required at all times.
– Tickets are scanned, touch free.
– Hand sanitizer stations are spread throughout the theatre and disinfectant wipes are available for guests who wish to wipe their seat down before sitting.
– All seats are reserved and are sold in pods of 2 and 4 to keep parties separated by at least 6 feet.
– The bar and merchandise stand only accept cards, no cash.
– Plexiglass shields and hand sanitizer are set up at every bar station.
– High touch surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes.
– The theatre is disinfected after every event with nontoxic disinfectant solution using an electrostatic fogger to ensure that every surface, including fabric, has been disinfected.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Showplace of the South to enjoy some entertainment together. Unfortunately we have had to make some major changes to keep everyone safe this this year. Capacity is limited to 30%, so seating is very limited. When tickets sell out we will not be able to make any more available for purchase. In order to thoroughly clean we are limited to one movie per day, so we had to eliminate some films from the lineup this year. We know that some of you will be disappointed to see that your favorite film didn’t make the list, but we hope you will understand and join us for another film instead.
Thank you for your continued support of our historic theatres. We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
The Alabama Theatre Family